- Author: Tommy Donbavand, Barry Hutchison, Tim Collins, Ian MacDonald, Danny Pearson, Andy Seed
- Illustrator: Mark Penman, Mark Pearce, James Lawrence, Marc Ellerby, Abby Ryder, Rachael Smith
- Series: Once Upon Another Time
- Key Stage: 2, 3
- Interest Age: 10 - 13
- Year Group: 6, 7, 8
- Reading Age: 6–7
- Format: Book Collection
- Type of Book: Fiction
- Book Bands: Gold (Level 9)
- Accelerated Reader Interest Level: MY
- Accelerated Reader Book Level: 2.9 - 3.9
Once Upon Another Time... - Readers Pack
In this series, the balanced combination of a low word count, accessible language, colourful illustrations and imaginative plots ensures that reluctant readers and/or struggling readers are drawn in to stories that they can realistically comprehend and enjoy at the same time. This pack includes 1 copy of each Once Upon Another Time... reader.
Once Upon Another Time... - Readers Pack Number of Titles: 6Once Upon Another Time... - Readers Pack
These tales have been tweaked to enchant and amuse a modern audience, including a princess who prefers frogs to princes, an intergalactic Red Riding Hood, Goldilocks the vandal, a ragtag band of characters forming a superhero league and more. The balanced combination of low word count with imaginative plots ensures that reluctant readers are stimulated and drawn in to stories that they can realistically comprehend, providing much needed confidence going forwards.
- Look and feel of a ‘real’ book
- Dyslexia-friendly font and line spacing
- Fantastic and imaginative illustrations in a variety of styles
- Humorous and light-hearted storylines
- Alternate pages of text and illustrations to hold reader’s interest and encourage the sense of achievement created from turning the page
- A page at the beginning to introduce the characters and highlight any difficult vocabulary
- Facts and questions at the back to help the reader understand and contextualise the text
The Kingdom of Bizarnia is in trouble. Its princess is kissing every frog in the land trying to find her prince and she is now down to the last one. Will this be the frog that can lead her to true love or will it all end in one green, horrible mess?
Little Red is on a mission to deliver supplies to the best cake-research facility in the galaxy. After she lands, it seems that everyone is acting strangely. Can she find out what's wrong before it's too late?
THE LEAGUE OF ENCHANTED HEROES
Are you ready to join the League of Enchanted Heroes? Follow Jack as he enters a deep, dark wood where he will meet Rapunzel, Tom Thumb, Hansel and Gretel, Little Red Riding Hood and maybe a giant!
"I hate having no breakfast!" cried Baby Bear. " I hate making the beds every day!" added Mama Bear. " And I hate mending broken chairs!" said Papa Bear. "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"
THE BOY WHO CRIED ALIENS!
Josh loves to play practical jokes on people, but what happens when he takes his alien pranks too far? What could possibly go wrong?
ED AND THE SHIRTMAKERS
Ed needs to make some money quickly! He has run out of t-shirt design ideas and needs to think up some new ones. Where on Earth is he going to come up with these new ideas?
|Author||Tommy Donbavand, Barry Hutchison, Tim Collins, Ian MacDonald, Danny Pearson, Andy Seed|
|Illustrator||Mark Penman, Mark Pearce, James Lawrence, Marc Ellerby, Abby Ryder, Rachael Smith|
|Series||Once Upon Another Time|
|Key Stage||2, 3|
|Interest Age||10 - 13|
|Year Group||6, 7, 8|
|Type of Book||Fiction|
|Book Bands||Gold (Level 9)|
|Accelerated Reader Interest Level||MY|
|Accelerated Reader Book Level||2.9 - 3.9|