KS1 Guided Reading: Fiction
Badger’s Enjoy Guided Reading range for KS1 uses Book Banded ‘real’ picture books and short novels from classic and award-winning authors that will engage children.
- Save 10%Our Price £408.05 RRP £453.39
- Save 10%Our Price £418.85 RRP £465.39
- Save 10%Our Price £429.65 RRP £477.39
- Save 10%Our Price £397.25 RRP £441.39
- Save 10%Our Price £348.65 RRP £387.39
Free delivery on UK Orders Over £25
Shop online with complete confidence
Pay for your orders via invoice
Key Stage 1 Guided Reading Fiction Resources
Badger’s Enjoy Guided Reading range for KS1 uses Book Banded ‘real’ picture books and short novels from classic and award-winning authors that will engage children. Modern classic, timeless picture books such as Peace at Last and The Pig in the Pond feature alongside prize-winning titles from author illustrators, Mini Grey, Oliver Jeffers, Julian Donaldson and Chris Riddell.
Enjoy Guided Reading ‘Book Bands’
Book Banded pupil books have been selected for readers in Years 1 and 2, ranging from Blue level picture books and progressing up to our new ‘Brown’ level for confident readers in Year 2 (these can be used in Year 3/4). The range starts with picture books and extends to chapter books from White level upwards.
What’s in a KS1 Teacher Book?
The teacher books provide guidance for using the books in the Enjoy Guided Reading packs during guided reading sessions as well as NC objectives and assessment guidelines. The titles are accompanied by the following guidance and set activities:
- Brief information on the author and illustrator and a synopsis of the story (chapter by chapter if not a picture book)
- Teacher-led session 1: introducing the text; and questions linked to the first section of the story.
- Activities with photocopy masters (PCMs) for pupils to work on independently between guided reading sessions.
- Teacher-led session 2: for picture books, this session involves completing the book followed by questions linked to the remainder of the story. For longer books, this session provides questions linked to the next section of the story.
- For longer books, questions are provided for pupils to work on independently or with support for the remainder of the story.
- Enhancing understanding: questions and role-play activities designed to help children connect with the text and deepen their understanding of the whole text.
- Follow-up activities with PCMs – activities relating to the whole text, or to provide extension, are in this section.
- Assessment tick sheet and Objective Coverage Sheet – to monitor the children’s understanding during guided reading sessions.