KS2 Guided Reading
Popular authors, prize winners and authors from our Literary Heritage pepper this expertly selected and extensive range of fiction, non-fiction and Hi-Lo books, providing a variety of reading challenges to meet the needs of all readers from those working towards expected levels or those exceeding.
Items 1-16 of 76
Items 1-16 of 76
Free delivery on UK Orders Over £25
Shop online with complete confidence
Pay for your orders via invoice
Key Stage 2 Guided Reading Resources
In our curriculum-linked resources, all of the fiction books have been given a suggested level of difficulty to help teachers to plan guided reading sessions and group children accordingly without the need to read each book beforehand.
Alongside our best-selling Year Group, Author, Different Text Types, Non-Fiction and Reluctant Reader packs, we also have 4 ‘Book Bands for KS2’ packs (Year 3,4,5 and 6 – Lime to Black book bands) and 4 Fiction for Gifted & Talented Readers packs (Year 3,4,5 and 6).
Non-fiction packs include Badger Learning’s own successful and popular series of reader and Hi-Lo books for reluctant readers.
What is in a Teacher Book?
Teacher Books offer the following support for each title:
- Book and chapter-by-chapter synopses
- Guidance for a teacher-led session including questions
- Questions for independent/supported work
- Answers for independent/supported work
- Follow-up activities: suggestions for reading, writing and cross-curricular work
- Reviewing the novel: questions to help run a discussion session after reading
- Linked to objectives from the National Curriculum
- Assessment sheets for monitoring children’s progress and coverage sheet outlining objectives addressed in each book
What about Assessment?
Objectives set out within our Enjoy Guided Reading KS2 packs (not including Exploring Different Text Types for Years 5 and 6) are from the National Curriculum Programmes of Study.
Questions and activities for the reading sessions are linked to these. A tick sheet is provided so that teachers can monitor the children’s understanding. A coverage sheet can be found in the appendix, which provides an indication of where the objectives are addressed in each book.
A final word
Reading feeds pupils imaginations and opens up a treasure-house of wonder and joy for curious young minds’. (National Curriculum for English).